This site will be down for maintenance on 25th January 6.30am - 9.30am
Whereas the college understands that unforeseen circumstances may compel a student to withdraw from a course, students should understand that the college makes decisions as to resource levels for a course (including teaching resources) based upon the number of students who register for it at the commencement of the course. Accordingly, only in very exceptional circumstances, will the college consider refunding a part of any fees paid.
- The college accepts no obligation to refund any fee or part of any fee paid in respect of any programme or service provided by the college.
- Under no circumstances will the college refund the deposit, or any part of the deposit paid in respect of a students’ registration for a programme, save in the event that the college is unable to run the course registered for.
- Where a student has to withdraw from a programme and the withdrawal is due to exceptional circumstances which are beyond the student’s control (and which are documented and which are likely to significantly impact upon their ability to successfully follow the course), a partial refund of any fee paid may be considered. Where, in the circumstances detailed above, a student does not attend any instruction, or where a student commences lectures but withdraws before the third week of a programme of study, part of the fee paid may be refunded. Applications for such refunds must be addressed to the Faculty Manager and made on the college’s Application For Refund Form (available from the faculty office) and reach the Faculty Manager before week five of the programme.
- Extenuating circumstances that may be considered within section 3 above, though used here by way of example only and without any commitment by the college to consider such circumstances as extenuating in any particular case, are as follows:
– serious illness of student or member of proximate family
– death of a member of student’s proximate family
As an alternative to claiming a refund, any student may ask to defer their registration on a programme of study to a later date or to a nominated alternative programme of study.
Please note that the information contained in the document is neither conclusive nor exhaustive and City Colleges reserve the right to substitute alternative arrangements where it deems necessary